Want to make a really special gift for someone? I always recommend making them a beautiful photo book. But the good news is that you don’t have to go it alone. Here’s some advice on how to make a beautiful birthday or anniversary book from my friends at Blurb (with examples below from the book “Our Life” by Pandora Frazier).
This is the big one. A “this is your life” photo book. A book you’ll put together to present to a really special person in your life, at a really special point in their life. 50th birthday, 50th anniversary, a wedding, a memorial—life’s big events look even bigger when you present a gift that’s a tribute to them, full of heartfelt stories and personal photographs from their most loved ones. Sound a little complicated? It’s not, especially when you have people on your book-making team (and handy instructions from Blurb).
Gather your siblings, some special friends, or a group of talented coworkers and get started on the book of a special person’s lifetime. Here’s exactly how you can get a group together to make it work:
- Choose a team of people to help you with your book
- Have your team contact friends and family of your special person to collect stories and photos about them
- Choose which stories and photos you actually want to use
- Edit the stories and scan the photos
- Lay out your book with text boxes and photo pages
- Get feedback from your team and make final edits
- Order your book!