Some items in this blog post have been gifted
Tousled waves are one of my favourite hairstyles for blonde hair beauties during the summer months, making it look like you have just stepped straight off the beach, even if all you’ve been doing is working in the office all day. One important tip I have for this hairstyle, as with any curly or wavy hairstyle, is to use an anti-frizz serum to smooth and tame flyaway hairs.
To get natural looking beach waves and bring out those summer vibes, follow the few simple steps below.
- First of all, separate your hair into three segments. If your hair is quite thick or you have lots of it, separate your hair into four or five segments as this will make it easier to manage.
- Start to curl your hair one segment at a time. I tend to start curling around five inches from the bottom of my hair. Using my straighteners, I place my hair in between the heated iron and curl my hand outwards as if I was twisting a door handle. Try to turn your hand as far as it will go and then release.
- Repeat this process on each segment until your full head of hair is complete.
- Gently run your fingers through your hair to separate the curls and make them look more natural.
- Finally apply a light mist of hairspray to hold it in position and ensure the waves don’t drop out.
Another method I use to achieve beach waves is to apply sea salt spray once I have washed and towel dried my hair. There are so many different types of salt sprays out there, so it’s worth trying a few until you find one that best suits your hair type. John Frieda have a great beach blonde range which is perfect for this style. There you go – perfect winter beach waves which took less than five minutes to achieve!
And now for the giveaway! Enter via the rafflecopter below to win a John Frieda Sheer Blonde Kit for summer containing 1 x Go Blonder Shampoo, 1 x Go Blonder Conditioner and 1 x Brightening Oil Elixir. All three of these luxurious products could be yours so get entering now!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Competition open to UK residents only
Some items in this blog post have been gifted to me and the pink links indicate a gifted product, affiliate link or information source. All thoughts and opinions in this post are based on my own experience and I am not responsible for your experience 🙂
PLEASE SUPPORT THE 'MY THRIFTY LIFE' BLOG
If my DIY projects or money-saving articles have helped you please consider supporting the 'My Thrifty Life' blog to enable me to create new content. I really appreciate every donation and it allows me to continue helping readers to live a lovely life on a budget 🙂