Let’s start with the real reason why I’m setting myself this challenge: I need to save money between now and Christmas (yes, I’ve peeped into the piggy-bank and there’s not enough in there to buy Christmas cards, let alone anything else!) and the best way to do this is to stop spending. That’s easy to say, but not so easy to do, especially when you’re a closet beauty-fanatic who can’t help lusting over new make-up products and beauty-buys. I go into the high street pharmacy stores (and online too!) every week to see what’s new, and although I spend ages testing out the products and working out the best deals, I try very hard not to buy anything because inevitably I’m holding the new must-have liquid eyeliner in my hand and I know that I’ve already got at least 3 black liquid eyeliners at home that I don’t even use much. But it doesn’t stop me from wanting it and being so certain that this will be the product to change my life.
So to put an end to this loitering-around-Superdrug, I’m going to set myself a challenge to use up the products that I already have and stop buying the next miracle cream etc. I’ll save money AND I’ll make room in my make up drawers. And when it gets to Christmas, maybe my friends and family will treat me to some beauty gifts. So from now on the products that I desperately want will be added to my “Things I NEED!” Pinterest wish list so that I can swoon over them from time to time, and maybe splurge a little when it gets to January. Plus, I might have gone off the idea of the latest wonder-product by the time I’m in 2014, and I’m sure something better will have been launched to take its place.
So these are some of the bits I’m aiming to finish up during my “use up” challenge and we’ll see what else I can polish off over the coming months too:
And the second challenge is a reminder about my Inspiration Challenge for September – please make something -ANYTHING – on the theme of “bears” and you will be entered into the prize draw to win this lovely sewing kit from Abakhan Fabrics. I’m not judging your makes, it’s just for fun to get inspired to do something creative this month – check out the blog posts here and join in by sending photos of your projects to Cassie@cassiefairy.co.uk!
Will you join me in either of my challenges? What products do you have lurking at the back of your cupboards that you would like to use up? What can you make around the theme of bears?? Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment below or tweeting me @Cassiefairy. Speak to you soon x
More Inspiration Challenge articles:
- See all Inspiration Challenge articles (cassiefairy.com)
- What we made in August and new theme for September (cassiefairy.com)
- My beach hut cushion + the Inspiration Challenge (cassiefairy.com)
- A special prize from Joanie’s Gifts for July’s Inspiration Challenge (cassiefairy.com)
- A beach hut inspired story by author Amanda Addison (cassiefairy.com)
- A massive new project for Cassiefairy ~ my vintage caravan (cassiefairy.com)
- Inspiration Challenge ~ a fabulous prize for September! (cassiefairy.com)
- Tuesday Shoesday ~ LFW trends for Spring 2014 (cassiefairy.com)
- Weekend photos ~ a tasty afternoon treat (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan project ~ Sprucing up the woodwork (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan project ~ Floored or flawed? (cassiefairy.com)