Hello and welcome to my thrifty little lifestyle blog.
I’m Cassie, a full-time blogger and magazine writer. I love to work with charities, clients and brands so please get in touch if you’d like to collaborate and create some amazing content together – check out my ‘Hire Me’ page.
My blog is a home from home for me and it’s where I spend most of my time. I use it to share my DIY projects, sewing tutorials, adventures, money-saving tips, budget recipes and everything I see that inspires me.
I like to discuss trends in fashion, footwear (Tuesday Shoesday!), design and interiors and I love to hunt out ways of getting the look for less, so I’m forever sharing thrifty projects and DIY makeovers to save money.
I am quite possibly the thriftiest person you’ll ever meet – my biggest gripe is paying for something new if I can get it cheaper or free just by hunting around or shopping secondhand – and I love spending time reusing, recycling and repurposing old clothing, furniture and household items.You might have already guessed, but I love to write my thrifty little blog and I really appreciate my lovely readers, because without you this blog would be a very quiet place!
I love to hear your comments on my articles and please do get in touch to let me know what you’d like to see on my blog in the future, because I’d like to be able to make you as happy as you make me 🙂
In terms of blogging here are my proudest achievements – all of which wouldn’t have happened without YOU!
My proudest achievements
- I’m bursting to tell you that I WON the award for Most Innovative Blog at the UK Blog Awards. It still hasn’t really sunk in yet and I think it might have all been a dream – but I have the photos to confirm it and I blogged about the magical night at the awards ceremony so check it out here.
- I was also name the ‘Best Homes and Interiors Blogger’ and donated the prize money to my local homelessness charity The Bus Shelter – read all about the award and charity here.
- I started writing for Oxfam Fashion in 2013 – please check out my profile on the Oxfam Fashion website and my thrifty DIY posts.
- I was Cut Out and Keep’s Crafty Superstar in 2016 and have since written DIY The Room articles for the site.
- I was thrilled to win the Highly Commended award for Retail and Fashion at the UK Blog Awards in 2014 – read all about it and see my photos from the event here.
- Cassiefairy.com was a lifestyle blog finalist in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards and was shortlisted for Company magazine’s best thrifty blog. I loved being a part of the biggest magazine awards in the country and am chuffed to bits that my little lifestyle blog was selected from so many fabulous entries.
- Cassiefairy.com made the list of Top 50 Eco-Conscious Blogs in 2017.
- My little Red Ted teddy bear won the Hillary’s Craft Competition 2015.
- I was extremely fortunate to be shortlisted in THREE categories at the POSH Fashion Awards for Best Lifestyle Blog, Best DIY Blog and I am thrilled to have WON the Most Unique Blog award!
- The blog made it into the Best Money-Saving Blogs of 2016 list by SurveyBee and the Feel Good Reads of 2016 round-up.
- I’ve been nominated for an Amara Interior Blog Award for 3 years running!
- In the John Greed Blog Awards 2013 I was shortlisted for the Best Fashion and Jewellery Blogger award – here’s my blog post when I found out the news!
- DotComGiftShop named Cassiefairy.com as one of their ‘Fave blogs’ – read my post about it here.
- I’m proud to be working with charities and writing articles to raise awareness of important subjects such as family debt, recycling, human trafficking, illness and female issues.
- I’ve been lucky enough to work with some amazing brands that I really admire and respect on international campaigns and nationwide projects.
As you can tell I’m very proud to call myself a blogger and am SO pleased that so many readers are enjoying my writing. Thank you all so much for keeping this blog running and making me very happy indeed! 😀
My favourite things (not in any order):
- All things retro, mid-century and kitsch = the more garish, the better!
- Working on my little vintage caravan makeover project.
- Food: mainly savoury and cheese-based.
- My cats Cookie & Muffin
- Reading and writing, practically all day, every day.
- Learning to dance lindy hop, balboa, charleston and foxtrot – and getting dressed up for vintage dances in my prettiest swing dresses & dancing shoes!