If you’re having a gathering for New Years Eve, be it a small family ‘do’ or a huge party with friends, you’ll be guaranteed to be serving and enjoying a few drinks during the evenings celebrations. You’ll need a selection of soft drinks, the odd lager and bottle of wine, but the exciting part of throwing a new years eve party is mixing up funky cocktails and impressing your guests with your yummy beverages.
If you missed my blog post on spiced hot drinks earlier this week here’s the link, and you can have a pan of spiced juice or mulled wine blipping away on the hob to welcome your guests in from the cold. And here’s a few ideas for easy festive cocktails to make the evening go with a bang!
- Cosmopolitan: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and shake 35ml vodka with 15ml orange liqueur, a squeeze fresh lime juice and 25ml cranberry juice. Sieve into your glass and garnish with a twist of orange peel.
- Christmas Cocktail: Pour 35ml apple brandy and 35ml apple juice into a champagne glass and top up with sparkling wine
- Ginger Fizz: Pour 25ml spiced rum and a squeeze of lime juice over ice and top up with sparkling non-alcoholic ginger beer
- Christingle Gin & Tonic: Pour 10ml orange blossom honey into a glass, stir in 50ml gin, add ice and top up with tonic water, serve with a twist of orange peel.
- Christmas Hot Chocolate (cassiefairy.co.uk)
- Spiced festive drinks (cassiefairy.co.uk)
- Afternoon tea recipe – fruity banana cake (Cassiefairy)
- Pieday Friday Recipe – Traditional Mince Pies (cassiefairy.com)
PLEASE SUPPORT 'MY THRIFTY LIFE' BLOG
If my DIY projects or money-saving articles have helped you please consider supporting the 'My Thrifty Life' blog to enable me to create new content. I really appreciate every donation and it allows me to continue helping readers to live a lovely life on a budget 🙂