Just a quick post this afternoon to share my photos from bonfire night as promised in last week’s post! The plan on ‘actual’ bonfire night was to build a small fire in the back garden and chill out with jacket potatoes for dinner, followed by a lot of playing with sparklers.
Well, the rain put a stop to our fire-building plans, and our hopes of marshmallow-toasting vanished, but we still enjoyed tucking into our jacket potatoes (cooked in the oven instead!) with chilli con carne – here’s my recipe – and coronation chicken. After warming up with our massive dinner, we decided to brave the rain and play around in the garden with sparklers as planned. We put the camera on a tripod with an open shutter and tried out writing our names and drawing scenes with the sparklers – here’s how we got on:
The sparklers turned out to be a bit too sparkly to make out the writing, but we soon realised that we could get a similar effect using torches, so I got out my special white-and-pink torch, along with hubby’s big strip-light LED torch and had a go at creating some text using the light they gave off – with varying levels of success! What do you think?
Hubby then had the genius idea of using the torches to draw an outline around my little vintage caravan and I think this worked out best of all. If you’ve been reading my blog over the past couple of months, you’ll know how much my little caravan means to me and I think it’s pretty cool to have a photo of it outlined in pink and white light!
More caravan articles
- My little vintage caravan project – all posts (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan project ~ Sprucing up the woodwork (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan project ~ Floored or flawed? (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan project ~ Clearing out the old… (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan project ~ Ice cream colours (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan project ~ A fresh start with a new look (cassiefairy.com)