Seeing as we’ve had a flurry of snow in most parts of the country over the weekend, my thoughts turned to sensible snowy-weather footwear. As as the famous Arctic explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes once said, “There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing” and this year I am fully embracing this mantra to get myself through the winter in the most comfortable way possible. As Fiennes has just set off on his last remaining polar challenge of attempting to cross Antarctica in winter; “the coldest journey on Earth”; I guess he knows what he’s talking about in terms of cold-weather gear clothing!
Check out my previous articles on fashion for frosty mornings!
- Fashion for Frosty Mornings: Layering with Chunky Cardis
- Fashion for Frosty Mornings: Knitted Leggings
- Fashion for Frosty Mornings: Animal knits
- Fashion for Frosty Mornings: Knitted dresses & snuggly tights
- Fashion for Frosty Mornings: Funky Jumpers
So I’ve layered up my jumpers, added thermal tops & leggings underneath dresses and jeans, and have been wearing 2 pairs of socks every day for the past month. But now my attention has turned to my footwear and although my good ol’ reliable boots from Office have served me well throughout the year, I’m not sure I want to be splashing through slushy puddles in them. So I’ve searched around for some bargain snow boots – yes, I will not be caught out again this year when it snows, having to make snowmen with my toes getting frostbitten in my high-heeled wellies! Here’s my favourites from Debenhams, GO Outdoors, Next and Sports Direct below. The pair I chose above was from Amazon so now my little toes will stay super-toasty in my fluffy snowboots this winter.
- Tuesday Shoesday: Autumn/Winter Boots (cassiefairy.com)
- Tuesday Shoesday – Party feet deserve party shoes (cassiefairy.com)
- Tuesday Shoesday – I’m a Celebrity… (cassiefairy.com)