You may remember that I was contemplating a rather massive decision at the start of the year – which wallpaper to use to finish off my retro-inspired living room. Although I’ve looked a quite a few garish colours and loud patterns, I settled on a fairly muted beige and brown base print with orange circles from Next – here’s my blog post about my choice of wallpaper.
Well, although I’d snapped up a bargain in the January sale, it still took me a few weeks to summon up the courage to actually go for it and put a bright retro print all over my wall. But one Saturday morning that is exactly what me and hubby set about doing, and here’s the results of our wallpapering activities:
I’ve never done wallpapering before, and hubby can only ever remember helping his dad with wallpapering when he was four, so I think we can safely say that we are novices! But we followed all the instructions on the paste and the wallpaper itself even came with instructions so we set about tackling the wall, and within an hour or so, it was pretty much finished – not bad for two amateurs eh?!
I’m so pleased with the end result and I think that the wallpaper finishes of the ‘look’ of the room and pulls all of the retro design items that I’ve collected over the year together to make it look like it’s supposed to be a retro living room – not just a collection of old furniture that we are ‘making-do’ with. Definitely worth the £6 per roll to get such a funky end result!
- Inspirations for a retro living-room: Wall coverings
- More retro inspirations articles on the Cassiefairy blog
- Inspirations for a retro living room: soft furnishings
- Interior Design Inspirations for a Retro Home – Office Space
- My Retro-Inspired Living Room – An Old Armchair Rescued
- Interior Design Inspiration – Going dotty for retro spots
- DIY Project – Orange Cushions for my Retro Living Room