Well, the possibilities are endless when you’ve got a big pack of new potatoes and a jar of mayonnaise! I probably don’t have to tell you to cube your new potatoes, boil them until tender and mix with as much mayo as you like – it’s not the most difficult of processes. And I know this seems like a non-recipe post, but really that’s what it is – just a few suggestions of things you can do to make your potato salad extra special. Lets face it, potato salad is pretty special as it is, I mean, who doesn’t want a big dollop of potato salad on their plate a summer BBQ?!
I like to add the following combinations to make my potato salad into something a little different:
- Snip chives and spring onions into the salad for extra onion-y crunch
- Grate some mature cheddar or red Leicester cheese into your salad and why not mix in a spoonful of cream cheese too?!
- Spike your salad with finely chopped chillies and a sprinkling of paprika
- Add slices of cold Matteson’s sausage and stir in a little BBQ sauce to taste
- Make it into a coronation potato salad with a dollop of mango chutney and a teaspoon of curry powder
- My favourite option – lots of salt and pepper and a lovely blob of whole grain mustard – yum!
Let me know what your favourite combination is and what you like to add to your potato salad – leave me a comment below 🙂
More Pieday Friday Recipes
- Pieday Friday ~ Seasonal asparagus & ham pie (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday – Back to basics with bread (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday recipe ~ Sticky BBQ Ribs (cassiefairy.com)