Whether your relationship is new and still blossoming or you have been with each other for years, gift giving within a relationship can be a tricky process – especially if you are on a budget…Because finding the perfect gift for your boyfriend, husband or partner can be such a difficult thing to navigate, I’ve compiled a gift guide to help you out. This guide can be used no matter what stage you are in within your relationship to help you find original and creative boyfriend gifts. Hopefully, this guide will relieve some of the stress by giving you some unique gift ideas and inspiration.
Cute little items that are for looking but not touching are great, but let’s face it – sometimes boyfriends are not quite as sentimental as their partners. If your boyfriend is more of the practical type, he might enjoy a present that has multiple functions as opposed to an aesthetic gift. Here are some neat gift ideas that have the added benefit of functionality:
- Lap desk A lap desk is incredibly useful for someone who is often writing, drawing, or using a laptop or tablet around their home. They can safely rest their laptop on it while they’re working or playing. Plus, they can use it for munching on some tasty breakfast in bed (that you’ve generously made for them!)
- Multi-tool If your boyfriend enjoys being creative, is a handy DIYer, or simply likes to have a fully-stocked tool kit, a multi-tool is a great gift idea. This could be something as simple as a Swiss Army Knife, or as advanced as an electric Dremel power tool.
TV OR MOVIE THEME
Your boyfriend undoubtedly enjoys certain television shows or movie genres, so why not incorporate his love of cinema into his gift? Buy him a gift voucher to the local cinema so that you can enjoy a date together, watching the film of his choice. Or pack up a ‘night in at the movies’ gift bag with his favourite DVDs, popcorn and snacks. Plus, there are plenty of television and movie-themed items you can buy ranging from mugs to shirts to shower curtains, you just need to find out his favourite show and pick something you think he’d like from the merchandise available.
If you enjoy arts and crafts and want to create a gift for your boyfriend, he’ll appreciate the obvious effort you put into it. Handmade cards, photo albums, scrapbooks, and other items like my DIY memory box are all very sweet and have the added benefit of having sentimental value.
If all else fails, something related to their favourite sport is a good idea. Whether it is football, rugby, hockey, basketball or any other sport that they might fancy, getting them a gift decorated with their favourite team’s colours or insignia is a solid option. Here are some potential sports related gift ideas:
- Football slippers
- Mascot themed sweater (or other clothing options)
- Football team themed blanket
- A signed photograph of your boyfriend’s favourite player
Always remember that no matter what you may hear from others regarding gift ideas, you know your boyfriend best; so you should trust yourself to choose what you think he would enjoy the most. Whether it be a silly television show themed pillow case or a handy tool belt, there are a lot of great gift ideas to choose from. Let me know if you’ve come up with a unique gift to surprise your other half by leaving me a comment below.
This blog post is an advertisement feature that has been written in collaboration with a sponsor. The pink links in this post indicate a sponsored link 🙂