I couldn’t believe it when I heard that 80s star of classic teen-angst films Pretty in Pink and The Breakfast Club Molly Ringwald has released a jazz album. Seriously! So often we see ‘where are they now?” articles in magazines, and now we can say for absolute certainty, Molly Ringwald is now a jazz singer. Her album Except Sometimes includes iconic 80s songs with a jazz twist including the Simple Minds’ hit Don’t You (Forget About Me). I can’t really imagine how that would sound, but I’m intrigued, and it got me reminiscing about the quirky fashion in these 80s films.
I’d say that Molly Ringwald’s style in those classic teen films was the first example of ‘granny chic’, a look that we’re all going crazy for at the moment! So I’ve come up with a bit of a moodboard to get the 80s granny chic look inspired by Molly herself, and featuring pieces that you can buy on the high street right now. Think crochet embellishments, collared blouses and frilly florals, all of which are perfect for spring/summer 2013.
1. InLoveWithFashion 2.Missguided 3.Accessorize 4.New Look 5.New Look 6.Boohoo 7.Miss Selfridge
So ask to have a rummage through your grandma’s costume-jewellery box for big brooches and raid your mum’s wardrobe for those 70s crocheted waistcoats, and there you have it – an 80s inspired Pretty in Pink look for summer 2013!
1. Warehouse 2. New Look, 3. New Look 4. Miss Selfridge 5. Miss Selfridge 6. Miss Selfridge
- Fashion trendspotting – Spring butterflies (cassiefairy.com)
- Gold fashion trend (cassiefairy.com)
- Fashion trendspotting ~ sundae girl for spring (cassiefairy.com)
- Fashion trendspotting ~ a leopard never changes its spots (cassiefairy.com)
- DIY no sew floral pocket tshirt (cassiefairy.com)