I first made these cheesy rolls when I had some roast potatoes left over after a big Sunday lunch, so this recipe is a good way of using up your leftovers and making a cheesy treat for supper or lunch the following day.
I used shop-bought pastry for this recipe so it was a really speedy process but you can make your own if you prefer. Ingredients: 1 pack of puff or shortcrust pastry, leftover roast or boiled potatoes, one red onion, approx 200g mature cheese, 2 eggs.
1. Roughly chop up your left-over potatoes, finely dice a red onion and grate your mature cheese
2. Mix all the filling ingredients together with one egg to bind it all together
3. Roll out a long rectangle of puff or shortcrust pastry (whichever you prefer) and arrange a roll of your mixture down the centre.
4. Roll up the pastry into a tube around the mixture like a sausage roll.
5. Slice the roll into small squares and put onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
6. Snip a couple of air holes into the top of each cheesy roll using scissors and coat with egg wash.
7. Bake in the oven according to instructions on your pastry packet
- Pieday Friday recipe – Love heart jam tart (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday – Traditional mince pies (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday recipe – Star tarts (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday recipe – Slow-cooked beefy pie (cassiefairy.com)
PLEASE SUPPORT 'MY THRIFTY LIFE' BLOG
If my DIY projects or money-saving articles have helped you please consider supporting the 'My Thrifty Life' blog to enable me to create new content. I really appreciate every donation and it allows me to continue helping readers to live a lovely life on a budget 🙂