Six of the best 90s pop groups could all be found in one building this time last week, as Atomic Kitten, 5ive, B*witched, 911, Liberty X and The Honeyz strutted their stuff on stage for the first time in decades at The Big Reunion concert at the Hammersmith Apollo. If you’ve not already seen my review of the show please check it out and you’ll understand why this week’s Tuesday Shoesday blog post is dedicated to the ladies of The Big Reunion and their stunning footwear choices for the biggest show of their careers.
There’s a few considerations when choosing footwear for a big performance – just imagine you’re B*witched and think about all the jumping around and Irish dancing you’ll be doing – so your shoes need to:
- stay on your feet through any dance moves – you can’t risk them flying off your foot and taking your audience’s eye out
- allow you to boogie the night away without restricting your movements – tentative wobbly tottering is not a good look
- not be too sky-scraper high that you’ll do permanent damage to your feet while strutting your stuff – you don’t want to topple over and break an ankle (remember Baby Spice in those platforms?)
- impress your style-conscious fans so your shoes can’t be flat and frumpy, even if this would make dancing much easier and more comfortable
So it was with great interest that I eyed-up the feet of The Honeyz, Atomic Kitten, Bewitched and the ladies of Libery X to see what they’d chosen to wear and was surprised to find that they’d all chosen similar shoes – most of which followed the rules above. There was an abundance of straps – both sporty like Michelle Heaton and Liz McClarnon are wearing above – and also ladylike as seen on the B*Witched girls and Natasha Hamilton. Straps secure your feet reassuringly into your shoes and you know that you’re not going “do a Cinderella” and leave a shoe sitting on the stage while you jump off it. There were also a few strappy platform boots on show – tough and fierce on Liberty X’s Kelli Young, sporty on Kerry Katona, and pretty on The Honeyz’ Mariama Goodman.
If strappy shoes are good enough for these pop superstars to strut their stuff on-stage, then they are certainly good enough for us for wearing on a night out. A few of my favourites currently on sale from fab high-street store Mr Shoes to dance the night away in (plus Mr Shoes online are doing a Buy-One-Get-One-Half-Price deal on all shoes at the mo!)
- The Big Reunion concert review – Cheesy pop at its best (cassiefairy.com)
- Tuesday Shoesday – I’ve hunted for the best of the Jan Sales! (cassiefairy.com)
- Tuesday Shoesday – Nature’s footwear (cassiefairy.com)
- Tuesday Shoesday – Super shoes at the Superbowl (cassiefairy.com)
- Tuesday Shoesday ~ Monochrome footwear trend (cassiefairy.com)
- Tuesday Shoesday – So many shoes, so little space! (cassiefairy.com)
Of these, concrete stamp overlays is an inexpensive way of improving the appearance of an existing concrete.
Some banks such as RBS have already developed contingency
plans to prepare them for the possibility of this outcome, allowing
them to refund bank fees. The Samsung Convoy has an integrated shared memory of
90MB that can be extended up to 16GB via micro – SD cards.
Anyone want to start a monthly card swap on gather. Opt for
something like Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner. It is to
day also possible using special developed rubber stamps to make an impression
on eggs – like the date produced, place of origin and so on.
There are even geocaching hunts that will have you discovering
things about your environment.
There is a ripple effect whereby happiness extends widely through social networks,
even between people who may not know one another.
Haha those are my favourites too 🙂 Thanks for getting in touch! x
Love the turquoise shoes, I’m going to get them on payday!
And lots of these shoes are reduced! I expecially like the turquoise ones for Spring 🙂
These look really nice 🙂