Earlier in the week I shared my ideas for a birthday party via this moodboard, and as you can see I’m planning a red and pink theme for my birthday celebrations next week. So I’ve been spending a little time in my caravan crafting my own party cones using pink polka dot paper and spotty doilies from Wholeport. Here’s what you’ll need to create your own party cones at home and a very easy DIY tutorial:
First use a plate (or cake stand as I have) to draw circles on the paper – I found it was best to draw on the back of the paper after my first attempt! Cut out the circles and then cut the doilies in half. Use double-sided sticky tape to attach the doilies half way up the paper circles then roll up into a cone shape, using another piece of double-sided tape to secure the edge.
Use a little piece of ribbon to decorate each cone – I’ve used different types of ribbon here so that my guests can keep track of their own cone. These cones would be great for holding popcorn (which I think I will be using them for), savoury snacks, sweets or as party favours filled with goodies. Now I just need to decide on some more food options and I’ll be well on my way to getting ready for my party!
PS – pinch, punch first of the month and we’re finally in December! I’m opening up my Snowdog & Mr Tumble advent calendars as we speak!
More caravan articles
- My little vintage caravan project – all posts (cassiefairy.com)
- Pink party inspirations (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan project ~ Sprucing up the woodwork (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan project ~ Floored or flawed? (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan project ~ Clearing out the old… (cassiefairy.com)
- My little vintage caravan ~ Clearing up the glitter (cassiefairy.com)