It’s not long to Christmas now and I’m sure that many of you will be decorating your homes for the festive season soon, if you haven’t already! I’ve come up with a super-easy DIY that you can make ready for the big day and it’s so easy to do that you can get the children involved and they will love sprinkling the glitter over the flags and seeing the letters come to life! Here’s my step-by-step guide to creating your very own Happy Christmas bunting banner:
1. You will need: Thin card or thick paper (I have used brown scrapbooking paper), pencil, scissors, string, double-sided tape, glitter
2. Cut out one bunting ‘flag’ shape from card and use it as a template to draw around onto the paper you’re using – the children can help out with drawing around the shape.
3. Cut out the number of flags you’ll need to spell out your chosen greeting and use pencil to write the letters on the flags.
4. Use the double-sided tape to stick over the lettering to spell out the message and peel off the backing so that the sticky side is visible.
5. Sprinkle glitter all over the sticky letter – this is the fun part, that the children will love to get involved with!
6. Tip off the excess glitter and see the letters sparkle!
- Fold the top of the flag backwards to make a lip to hang over the string.
- Add the letter flags to the string in the correct order and tape down on the back.
And you’re finished – time to hang your festive banner with pride! When Christmas is over, you can easily change your banner into a “Happy New Year” banner by making a few more letters and changing them around! This technique can be used all year round to make congratulations banners or birthday signs, using different colours of card or glitter – if you can imagine it, you can make it!
If you’re interested in how I created my book page wallpaper check out my bedroom makeover blog post!
Plus, I have been entered into the National Blog awards and it would be super-awesome and completely make my Christmas if you would pop over to the voting site and choose Cassiefairy.com in the lifestyle or fashion categories – and as an extra treat, you’ll receive a FREE Blogging Ebook just for casting your vote Please use this link to vote http://www.blogawardsuk.co.uk/vote/ don’t worry if the site doesn’t open properly, it’s just because there have been so many people trying to vote that the site it sometimes exceeds it’s bandwidth limits! So if it doesn’t work straight away, please pop back later! Thanks so much, merry Christmas to you
PLEASE SUPPORT 'MY THRIFTY LIFE' BLOG
If my DIY projects or money-saving articles have helped you please consider supporting the 'My Thrifty Life' blog to enable me to create new content. I really appreciate every donation and it allows me to continue helping readers to live a lovely life on a budget 🙂