Happy Christmas Eve eve everyone! What have you been up to today? I’ve done my last bit of food shopping (well, I can’t go without sausages rolls for Christmas!) and was surprised to find that it wasn’t too crazy in town today, thank goodness! Now I’m back at home, my thoughts have turned to primping the house for Christmas and, in particular, making my bedroom super-cosy and festive.Last year, mum treated me to a new duvet set (a cute snowflake design with reindeer in festive red) so today I’m putting it on the bed and fluffing up the duvet. I love to include my bedroom while decorating for Christmas so I’m adding some reindeer candles and hanging baubles and stocking from the end of the bed. What do you think of my festive bedroom makeover? I can’t wait to get to bed and wait for Father Christmas to arrive tomorrow evening!So how can you spruce up your bedroom before the big day? Here are some simple ideas, using things you already have around the house, to make your bedroom look extra festive:
- Add a string of fairy lights to the room. A warm twinkling glow will look welcoming and cosy so wrap them around the headboard or drape them over your dressing table mirror to add festive sparkle.
- Light some lovely candles. Scented candles in delicious Christmas fragrances infuse the house with festive smells. Even popping single tealights into empty jam jars wrapped with a red or gold bow would create a welcoming ambience.
- Bring nature indoors. Fill a vase with holly, ivy and pine branches snipped from around the garden, or treat yourself to a bouquet of festive flowers or a poinsettia plant.
- Add extra bedding. Even if you’ve not got some ‘special’ festive bedding, you can still make your guest room look super-cosy by adding layers to the bed. A snuggly blanket, quilted duvet or even just a soft pashmina can be draped over the end of the bed to make it look warm, and add an extra layer that guests can use to keep warm on cold nights. Add an extra pillow or two, and pop some small cushions in front of the pillows to add depth and make the bed look extra-welcoming.
- Hang decorations. Whether you make up a simple paper chain to string up around the room, or hang some of your existing decorations (tinsel, garlands etc) over the top of the wardrobe, even the most basic decorations can make a bedroom become part of your festive décor. Perhaps you could even add a wreath to the bedroom door or hang clusters of baubles from the bedknobs? Any decorations that are going spare will add that extra festive touch to the room.
- Stockings. No need to wait for Christmas eve to hang out your stockings for Santa. Pop them on the end of the bed or hang them on the fireplace throughout the whole festive season to make the house look festive all month long.
What will you be getting up to this week? Any last minute preparations? Do you have any other ideas for making your home super-festive this Christmas? If so please leave me a comment below or tweet me your photos of your festive bedroom to @Cassiefairy. Have a very Merry Christmas everyone!
This blog post is sponsored collaboration. The pink links in this post may indicate a sponsored link or information source. The blog post reflects my own experience and the sponsor hasn’t had any control over my content 🙂