I’ve recently come across a bit of advice that I found both cheeky and inspiring! Working for yourself is a massive challenge and quite often we don’t give ourselves enough credit for what we do, and the effort involved in working alone and motivating yourself.
Have a read and bolster yourself up a bit – you work hard, you deserve it!
You run a growing company. You have courage. You have strength. You have faith, and hope, and optimism.
- You act, even when it’s scary as hell. You make impossible decisions. You stick your neck out.
- You help people. You make their lives better. You teach them, or lead them, or make them laugh, or bring them joy.
- Even when the odds are stacked against you, you keep a positive spirit. People don’t take your calls, don’t answer your emails, don’t follow you back on Twitter and you keep going. You screw up your launch and you keep going. People send you nasty emails and you keep going.
- Everybody wants something from you. Nobody wants anything from you.
- You haven’t got a peaceful night’s sleep in years.
- You don’t remember the last time you felt confident.
- You’ve forgotten what it feels like to feel secure. Safe?
- Your wife says she supports you but you know she thinks you’re a screwup.
- Your husband says he supports you but still expects you to be around at 3 for the school run
- Your mother says she supports you but sends you Help Wanted ads for retail jobs.
And still, you keep going.
THAT is something to be proud of!
(Oh, and one more thing? You know who else works out of his home office? THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.)
See more here: http://ittybiz.com/why-your-loved-ones-want-you-to-fail/
Please support the 'My Thrifty Life' blog
If my DIY projects or money-saving articles have helped you please consider supporting the 'My Thrifty Life' blog to enable me to create new content. I really appreciate every donation and it allows me to continue helping readers to live a lovely life on a budget 🙂