My fairy-friend Aimee introduced me to making this pretty cake-batter fudge with pockets of yummy white chocolate. I gave it a go, and wasn’t disappointed, apart from by the fact that I couldn’t possibly eat it all at once because it was just too sweet! Here’s the recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction which makes approx 36 fudge squares:
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp packet cake mix (any brand white or yellow instant cake mix)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Spray 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Mix together cake mix + powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add milk + butter (do not stir them in) and microwave for 2 minutes. Once done, immediately begin mixing everything together. The batter will be very thick. Fold in white chocolate + sprinkles. Stir gently. You do not want the sprinkles to leak their color too much!
- Spoon into prepared baking pan, making sure it is level and smooth at the top. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Store fudge in the refrigerator
I hope you enjoy this ‘instant fudge’ as much as I do, its super-easy to make, über-cute looking and the most tasty treat I’ve had in a long time! Let me know if you give it a go 🙂