Happy Christmas eve everyone! The day has finally come where everything is done, you’ve finished all your work and you’re ready to enjoy the big day. I think I might actually prefer Christmas eve to Christmas day itself, but don’t tell it 😉
In our family we not only have traditions that we follow on Christmas day, but we also have a few festive traditions which happen every year to make up the perfect Christmas eve. Firstly, we try to watch a festive film on Christmas eve – and it’s usually the animated films The Snowman & Father Christmas, and this year we will easily be able to stick to this tradition because there is a brand new animated film The Snowman & The Snowdog premiering on Channel 4 at 8pm on Christmas Eve.
We always have a bath or shower and we get to open our first Christmas present – new pyjamas to wear to bed, ready for Santa coming. And not forgetting putting out a mince pie and port for Father Christmas, and a carrot for the reindeer. And finally, I have to be in bed before midnight, otherwise I’m still awake on Christmas day and I just don’t feel right about that!
Please leave me a comment and let me know your Christmas traditions, and what do you get up to on Christmas eve??
- Decorating your home for christmas – plus paper bauble garlands craft tutorial (cassiefairy.com)
- Exterior Illuminations – christmas lights (cassiefairy.com)
- Interior design inspirations for a retro living room (cassiefairy.com)
- DIY craft project – christmas stocking (cassiefairy.com)
- Rocking around the (patriotic) christmas tree (cassiefairy.com)