Now that the sun has finally come out, it’s time to do away with hot puddings and start making yummy chilled desserts instead, so this week I have made a tasty chocolate cheesecake that I think you’ll adore. It’s great to be able to make this cheesecake ahead of time and keep it chilled – plus, it lasts for ages in the fridge – just keep it in a sealed container and you can enjoy a slice after dinner for the next three days (if it lasts that long without someone scoffing the lot!)
- 200g digestive biscuits (possibly the cheapest biscuits you can buy!)
- 75g butter
- 300g white chocolate (around 35p supermarket basic white chocolate)
- 284ml double cream
- 250g soft cheese (50p supermarket-own-brand is fine)
- 250g mascarpone
- First melt the butter in the microwave – this will only take about 20 seconds, so keep an eye on it! Next put your biscuits in a food storage bag and crush them up by bashing with a rolling-pin before adding to the melted butter and mixing thoroughly.
- Press the biscuit mixture into a loose-bottomed cake tin (so that it’s easier to remove the cheesecake later!) and compress with the back of a spoon – pushing a little up the sides if you like the rustic look 😉 Pop it into the fridge to chill.
- Whip the double cream until it is thick and stiff then add the soft cheese and mascarpone and whisk to combine.
- Melt the white chocolate (either over a pan of boiling water on the hob, or in 20 second-bursts in the microwave) and then mix into the cream and cheese mixture
- Smooth the cream cheese mixture out over your biscuit base then put back into the fridge until you’re ready to eat, then grate a little extra white and milk chocolate on top, pop it out of the cake tin and serve!
Give it a go yourself and if you do please tweet me with your photos @CassiefairyTutu
Related Pieday Friday articles:
- See all Pieday Friday Recipes (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday recipe – Love heart jam tart (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday recipe ~ upside-down cake (cassiefairy.com)
- Anyone for afternoon tea? Ideas for a thrifty party (cassiefairy.com)
- Chocolate easter cake recipe (cassiefairy.com)
- Afternoon tea recipe – banana cake (cassiefairy.com)
- Cheese scones recipe (cassiefairy.com)
- Coffee and Walnut Cakes (cassiefairy.com)