Today I wanted to share a super-sweet treat recipe that I’ve been trying out. It took a few goes to get it right (crispy biscuit, but not singed around the outsides!) so I’d recommend keeping an eye on your biscuits while they are cooking so that you can whip them out before they brown too much!
Mix 150g butter at room temperature with 1 cup of sugar before adding 1 egg and one tsp of vanilla extract. Mix, then add 3 cups of plain white flour and a pinch of salt and stir until it turns into a thick dough. Shape into a ball and cover with cling-film, then chill in the fridge for about an hour. Roll out onto a floured surface and cut out the cookie shapes. Transfer onto a tray lined with baking paper and cooking in your oven at 175 °C for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
The technique for icing the biscuits is one that I’ve just recently learnt – pipe a thin line of thicker icing around the edges to act as a barrier, then ‘flood’ the centre of the biscuit with a more watered-down icing. Decorate with any sprinkles you have 🙂
Let me know if you give this recipe or icing technique a go and tweet me your pics to @Cassiefairy 🙂
- Pieday Friday recipe ~ Sticky BBQ Ribs (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday recipe ~ upside-down cake (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday – a traditional fish pie recipe (cassiefairy.com)
- I’ve finally published my Pieday Friday recipe book – in time for National Pie Week! (cassiefairy.com)
- My favourite Friday Pieday recipes for National Pie Week (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday – Back to basics with bread (cassiefairy.com)