Today I’ve enlisted the help of Tracy Rowbottom, a top designer at Country Baskets, to share a fabulous festive DIY article on making a door hanger. Not just a wreath, this door hanging is a great way to decorate your entrance for Christmas and it’s a really thrifty option! You can use decorations and candle rings that you already own to create a unique door hanging to welcome guests to your home during December. Here is the step-by-step guide that Tracy had created to help you make your own door decorations this Christmas:
1) Take two small floral candle rings and wire together, back to back.
2) Tie a long piece of rope cord to the top, to create a handle. Make a ribbon band around the centre and tie into a bow on the top to hide your mechanics.
3) Repeat with two large decorative candle rings. Next take one small floral candle ring and tie a rope hanger and bow on top.
4) Cut three pieces of ribbon approx 10cms and secure one to the top of each Christmas decoration with the rope hanger.
5) Lay all the components out on the table, starting with the smallest on the bottom, finishing with the largest at the top. Tie firmly with a knot on the top when you are happy with your placements.
6) Tie a rope loop and make a bow to secure on the loop. To finish tie the bow and rope loop to the top of the hanger and cut off any loose ends.
And here’s a photo of the finished door-hanger! What do you think? Will you have a go at making this for yourself? Please send me your photos if you do! Tweet me @Cassiefairy or leave me a comment below. And check out the Country Baskets website to buy crafting supplies and Christmas decorations to include in your own festive project.