You may remember that I shared a blog post about cushions with you and promised that I’d be having a go at sewing my own accessories over the weekend? However, it’s now Wednesday and my cushions are still not completely finished. They are in progress though – I’ve cut the fabric, chosen a suitable backing fabric for the cushions and have decided on a simple pillowcase opening at the back of the cushions. The only thing left to do now is to actually sit at the sewing machine and stitch them together. It’s just that I’ve struggled with motivation this week and would really rather be playing around on Pinterest! Oh well, the cushions are coming soon – I promise! Here’s a photo of my striped fabric and the red-rose cushions are the ones that will be re-covered (although I will keep the red rose covers to use in my caravan!) – see how close I am to getting them done?!
In the meantime, another special person in my life is having a bedroom makeover – my nephew. He has finally grown out of his cot and a new big boys bed has been bought for him. I wondered how he would handle the transition into a big bed, but his parents have been excellent at introducing the bed slowly – putting him in it when he has fallen asleep for his afternoon nap and then he’s been waking up in the bed so he’ll slowly get used to it. My nephew even took me to his bedroom to show me the new bed and I was so impressed when he hopped into bed and pulled the duvet up over him – now I think that’s a good sign and hopefully he’ll be a child who won’t have any trouble moving into his big boys bed!
I’m already thinking about the next step and what my lovely nephew will be sleeping in next and I think these Steens for kids high sleeper beds are excellent for growing boy and girls. A small bed turns into a cabin bed as he gets older and will certainly make the most of the space in his little bedroom by allowing room for storage and playspace underneath the bed. Pretty cool, huh? See, I told you I was spending too much time ‘researching’ bedrooms online rather than finishing off my own bedroom makeover! But I will get back to it soon, honest 😉 In the meantime, here are links to my other bedroom makeover articles so you can catch up with any you’ve missed:
- Dream a little dream… Pillow talk (cassiefairy.com)
- Dream a little dream… Light my fire (cassiefairy.com)
- Dream a little dream ~ A complete blackout (cassiefairy.com)
- Dream a little dream ~ It’s like sleeping on a cloud (cassiefairy.com)
- Dream a little dream… Books in the bedroom (cassiefairy.com)
- Dream a little dream… Re-do your bedroom with cushions (cassiefairy.com)
- Dream a little dream… Bedtime reading (cassiefairy.com)
- Dream a little dream… of a bedroom makeover! (cassiefairy.com)
- Dream a little dream… a sleep challenge (cassiefairy.com)
- Dream a little dream… for the little ones (cassiefairy.com)
- Dream a little deram… of a great nights sleep (cassiefairy.com)