Hello and welcome to my thrifty little lifestyle blog. I’m Cassie, a sewing and blogging addict who refuses to grow up
My blog is a home from home for me ~ and it’s where I spend most of my time! I use it to share my craft projects, sewing tutorials, photography, adventures, recipes and everything I see that inspires me. I like to discuss current trends in fashion, footwear (Tuesday Shoesday!), design and interiors and I love to hunt out ways of getting the look for less, so I’m forever sharing thrifty craft projects and DIY makeovers to save my readers money
I am quite possibly the thriftiest person you’ll ever meet ~ my biggest gripe is paying for something ‘new’ if I can get it cheaper or free just by hunting around and spending a little time reusing, recycling and repurposing old clothing, furniture and household items.
My favourite things (not in any order):
- Writing and reading lots, practically all dayevery day
- Working on my little vintage caravan project
- Food: mainly savoury and cheese-based, that someone else with better baking skills has cooked for me
- My cats Cookie & Muffin
- All things vintage, mid-century and kitsch = the more disgusting, the better.
You might have already guessed, but I love to write and I really appreciate my lovely readers, because without you this blog would be a very lonely place! I love to hear your comments on my articles and please do get in touch and let me know what you’d like to see on my blog in the future, because I’d like to be able to make you as happy as you make me
In terms of blogging here are my proudest achievements – all of which wouldn’t have happened with YOU my lovely readers!
- I’ve just won the Highly Commended award for Retail and Fashion at the UK National Blog Awards – read all about it and see my photos from the event here.
I was shortlisted for Company Magazine’s Best Thrifty Blog award and loved being a part of one of the biggest magazine blogger events in the country – read about my experiences here.
I started writing for Oxfam Fashion in 2013 – please check out my profile on the Oxfam Fashion website
- I was extremely fortunate to be shortlisted in THREE categories at the POSH Fashion Awards for Best Lifestyle Blog, Best DIY Blog and I am thrilled and proud to have WON the Most Unique Blog award!
- I’m proud to be working with charities and writing articles to raise awareness of important subjects such as family debt, recycling, human trafficking, illnesses and female issues.
- In the John Greed Blog Awards 2013 I was shortlisted for the Best Fashion and Jewellery Blogger award – here’s my blog post when I found out the news!
- DotComGiftShop named Cassiefairy.com as one of their ‘Fave blogs’ – read my post about it here.
- I’ve been lucky enough to work with some amazing brands that I really admire and respect on international campaigns and nationwide projects.
As you can tell I’m very proud to call myself a blogger and am SO pleased that so many readers are enjoying my writing! Thank you all so much for keeping this blog running and making me very happy indeed!