The summer holidays are drawing to a close, but that means there are lots of pretty fed up children around! Here’s an idea for a fun activity that you can do with your children to stop the boredom and entertain them during the last couple of weeks of the school holidays. This is also a nice activity to do during children’s birthday parties or you could even decorate biscuits yourself for special afternoon tea parties or they can be packaged up for a foodie gift for birthdays and christmas.
What you’ll need: Plain biscuits (I’ve used Lotus biscuits, but you can use digestive biscuits, shortbread, hobnobs or anything you’ve already got in the cupboard), chocolate (white, milk or dark – or all three!), sprinkles, hundreds-and-thousands or sugar glitter.
Melt the chocolate and get the children to smooth it over the biscuits and decorate them with any sprinkles or toppings you like. Allow to the chocolate to set (if you can wait that long) then enjoy with a cup of tea or stick them into a scoop of ice-cream like a wafer! I’m sure the children will enjoy getting messy during the activity and will be equally happy to eat their creations afterwards!
More Pieday Friday articles
- Pieday Friday ~ Shortbread unicorn recipe (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday ~ Wimbledon mess (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday ~ Seasonal asparagus & ham pie (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday ~ Back to basics with bread (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday recipe ~ Sticky BBQ Ribs (cassiefairy.com)
- Pieday Friday ~ Cupcake heaven (cassiefairy.com)