Now that I am at the stage of adding the finishing touches to my retro living room, my attention has turned to lighting and I wanted to get a couple of lamps and shades that would compliment the 50s and 60s style that I’ve used throughout the room so far. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a while now and I managed to pick up this glass lampshade from a carboot sale. The orange and yellow glass is great around the ceiling light, casting a slightly warmer glow from the bulb than normal, and the circles look a little like honeycomb to me, so it goes nicely with my bumble bee curtains!
I was delighted when my husband and I inherited a lampstand and shade that grandma no longer needed but it was such a huge ‘over-size’ lamp, at nearly 6ft tall and 2 ft wide, that it was difficult to find anywhere to put it! I love how crazy it looks (like a mad hatter’s lamp!) and its a very chintzy style but its on a teak G-Plan-style chunky base, so now I’ve finally been able to use it in my living room and give it a new lease of life!
- My retro-inspired living room – Lego accessories (cassiefairy.com)
- Interior design inspirations for my retro living room (cassiefairy.com)
- DIY Project – Orange cushions for my retro living room (cassiefairy.com)
- A gorgeous piece of artwork for my retro living room – by artist Mable Tan (cassiefairy.com)
- A new table for my retro living room – and it was free (cassiefairy.com)